The first decision you make in selling your home is perhaps the most important: listing your home with the right Realtor...
Listing with Irongate
At Irongate, our 325+ full-time associates combine knowledge, enthusiasm and a strong work ethic to serve their buyers in a profes- sional manner. Our motto is "Real People for Real Results". For us, this is more than a slogan. Our Realtors live in the areas they serve,
and serve in the areas they live. In service clubs and organizations; churches, synagogues, mosques and temples; cultural, theater, visual and performing arts groups; youth work and athletic teams, our associates contribute their talents to community, service, religious and professional organizations throughout the Miami Valley. Our associates are the reason why Irongate has grown in the past thirty-five years to become the largest independent local real estate brokerage in the Miami Valley - and the most respected. You and your home are important to us, not only professionally, but as friends, colleagues and neighbors.
Marketing Your Property
A realistic market evaluation is the next step toward the prompt sale of your property at a price acceptable to you. Your Irongate Realtor has access to current tax assessments, tax appraisal values, maps and records for all counties within the Miami Valley, computer listings of all sales in your area for the past week, month and year, as well as historical data. Last, but not least, you have the unique professional knowledge and experience of your individual Irongate Realtor. Your Irongate Realtor is committed to the maximum exposure of your property by using proven sales methods, as well as the latest marketing techniques.
While Realtor's individual styles and marketing techniques may vary, all Irongate associates will:
- Place our award-winning "For Sale" sign on your property. Numerous homes sell each year through this simple and effective form of advertising. They will also assign a text number to your property, in order to make it smart-phone friendly.
- Enter all the information concerning your house into the Multiple Listing Service, a computer based system that can provide complete information (including color photos) to all 2600 members of the Dayton Area Board of Realtors.
- Discuss your property with our full time Irongate Realtors. We want all of our agents to be able to speak intel- ligently about your property to their clients, as well as to others, when calls come into our offices. Irongate agents sell 30% of Irongate's listings. The national average is 2%.
- Market your home in company-paid Dayton Daily News newspaper advertising. Your Irongate Realtor will be able to show you the size, location and frequency of all our ads for your home.
- Utilize additional publications (such as the WPAFB Skywriter) our award-winning website at www.IrongateRealtors.com, other internet venues (such as LuxuryHomes.com), our 16 page monthly color insert "New Listings" in the area's only real estate magazine "Real Estate for Sale", as well as Irongate's extensive network of professional and business memberships to increase exposure for your home.
- Schedule an Open House for your home, with your approval, making it convenient for prospective buyers to inspect your property. These are usually held on Sunday afternoons and staffed by an Irongate agent.
Preparing Your Home For Sale
Ohio State law requires all sellers to complete Residential Property Disclosure Forms. Your Irongate Realtor will provide you with the forms you must complete.
First impressions are lasting impressions. You can help make a prospective buyer's first impression of your home one that will capture their imagination - and quickly lead to an offer. Your Irongate Realtor will suggest a few small changes, such as those listed below, that may make a big difference in the sale of your home.
- Keep the grass cut and free of weeds.
- Mulch around shrubs and flower beds.
- Remove snow and ice from all walks and patios.
- Remove dead trees, branches and lawn debris.
- Touch up painted surfaces, including spouting, shutters and especially the front door.
- Repair driveway cracks.
- Clean and straighten all rooms.
- Minimize clutter in closets, basements, attics, children's rooms, etc.
- Clean, paint or touch up all painted wall and trim surfaces.
- Clean all windows. A sparkling window can make a big difference!
- Repair any doors that stick, especially sliding or bifold closet doors.
- Remove oil and grease stains from the garage floor.
- Clean and caulk around bathtubs and showers and replace any broken tiles.
These are but a few suggestions your Irongate Realtor may make to help you achieve premium dollar for your property. Call your Irongate Realtor today for our complete marketing services!
Showing Your Home
Our call center may call to arrange showings in addition to regularly scheduled Open Houses. It is not necessary for you to be present during these showings. Lock boxes (that fit over an outside doorknob and hold a key to your home) will be provided by your Realtor in order to facilitate the showing of your home, with your permission, in your absence. If you desire to remain during a showing, we have found it best that the sellers minimize conversation with the buyers. Let your Realtor respond to the buyer's questions about price, occupancy, terms and other contractual questions. Sometimes your Irongate Realtor may seem to overlook features you think are important. This is because your Realtor knows the buyer's likes and dislikes and is attempting to emphasize what is important to the buyer.
Prior to any Open House/Showing:
- Turn on all lights & open all drapes. Remove distracting personal memorabilia, such as the "family bulletin board" on the refrigerator.
- Turn off the TV and all loud distracting music; turn on soft, relaxing music.
- Avoid cooking meals immediately before a showing.
- Remove all pets from the house.
Negotiating the Purchase Agreement
As soon as any written offer is received, your Irongate Realtor will discuss it with you and answer any questions you may have. You decide whether to accept the offer as written, or to make a counter offer on any of the contract items (including price, closing date, occupancy, and other negotiable items). Please bear in mind that your Irongate Realtor is required to present all written offers received, even though the terms and conditions of a particular offer may not meet your expectations.
Once agreement is reached between buyer and seller, the sale of your property is complete. It is the custom in the Dayton area that "earnest money" be held in escrow, until the transaction is closed. Between sale and closing, your Irongate Realtor will keep you advised on the status of the buyer's loan application, inspections reports, any repairs that may be indicated, and the closing process. At the closing table, you will receive a statement summarizing the disbursement of all funds - including your net proceeds from the sale.