To qualify to vote, you must be:
- a U.S citizen
- 18 years old on or before the next general election
- a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately before election day
- registered to vote at least 30 days before election day
You may register to vote online or to update a current Ohio registration if you have changed your address or name.
NOTICE: Your registration or change must be received or postmarked 30 days before an election at which you intend to vote. You will be notified by your county board of elections of the location where you vote. If you do not receive a notice prior to election day, call your county board of elections.
Registering in Person
You must provide either a current valid Ohio driver's license, or the last four digits of your social security number.
Registering by Mail
If you register by mail and do not provide either a current Ohio driver's license number or the last four digits of your Social Security number, please enclose a copy of one of the following with your registration application:
If you register by mail and do not provide one of the above at the time of submitting your registration application, you must provide one of the items when you vote for the first time.
- Current valid photo identification card showing your name; or
- Current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, government check or government document showing your name and address